Sunday, March 27, 2011

Teeny, tiny things

It didn't take long really, just a few minutes and a great deal of care. I decided to put the bed on the roof so we could sleep under the stars. We invited a couple of friends around for a house-warming party - not a wild affair, just a few gins. We sat on the lovely new furniture we'd made and tried to come up with names for my two new chickens. Maybe I should have had more gin . . . no names as yet. I think I'm too excited by their funny-looking heads to think clearly. The lovely lady with the curly hair (not a chicken) went to buy me two silky hens in the week and came home with eight birds, two guinea fowl, two lavender-coloured hens, which lay pale blue eggs, and two Polish pullets and my two. She's a sucker for a strange breed and if they come with a kookie hairdo . . .
Anyway the new crew are currently in the B & B customs department awaiting police and character checks before they can be released among the roses. I couldn't wait to check in on them this morning and took them some carrot for breakfast. Imagine my excitement when I spotted a gorgeous pale blue egg in one of the boxes. Oh, the lady with the curly hair was going to love this - last night I was told not to be so impatient when I told her I wanted to see a blue egg. I think it's time to go and see the chickens and do a bit of bonding. And watch a movie, read the paper and eat chocolate. Yes, the salty chocolate caramel fairies have been again and the special drawer has been replenished. How exciting! Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment