Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long time . . .

How lovely that the nights are drawing in and bringing a chill with them. Sitting around a real fire with a warming glass of blackberry port recently purchased from the Salamanca Markets is a delicious way to while away the evening. Oh, and a bowl of homemade soup followed by pear and raspberry crumble. The lady with the curly hair has excelled herself again.
A rash of birthdays, social events and a flurry of jobs have kept me away from the business of blogging for a while. Essential computer work only - too much time looking at a computer screen makes me crazy and keeps me away from the wheel, the chickens and enjoying the last of the season's roses.
Having been in Hobart for the last weekend visiting MONA and tra-la-la-ing around has meant two weeks without any chicken exposure and I have to say I'd missed them, but they were talked about often.
On the subject of porcelain - lots of exciting things happening - I've been slip-casting and creating some gorgeous egg boxes in preparation for when the silkies are laying. Also I bought some decals. Slip-casting and decal application - two things I never thought I'd get involved in being a hard-core thrower. I don't know what's come over me. Anyway, pastures new. (At least George will have a laugh.)
Lots of throwing to do this week. I'll be chained to the wheel - I can think of worse things. Exciting new places to sell my work - National Gallery in Canberra and Southwood Trading in Melbourne. Work on the new website is progressing and should be ready about the end of May.
Looks like a lovely week ahead - lots of eager students to teach. I seem to remember telling them we'd be doing lidded vessels this week so
we'll be after some perfect cylinders!
Just thought you might like to see how gorgeous the house looks at the moment. It's covered in a veil of ivy, which will only last for another week or so. Fleeting and so beautiful . . . . bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb I did not know you did classes. When is your next one and how much are they?
    Are they at UNSW?

    ReplyDelete