Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bullseyes and bangles

It was always going to require a huge effort to get lots of arrows in the yellow bit in the middle in this heat.
And try as I might I only managed three times. Still, it beats twice. I was given a beautiful set of wooden arrows last week, which are proving a joy to shoot. Thanks Damon! On days like these I find myself wishing my life away longing for autumn. And last night I sat though '127 Hours' and almost passed out at the breaking point - the things we put ourselves through. Anyway it's back to the wheel tomorrow and week 3 of classes. All is going well and all concerned seem to be having fun whilst learning, which is the only way to go really. The bangles from the last bangle throwing session at the farm have turned out beautifully.
                                                                                         Lots of interesting pieces coming out of the kiln at the moment - very exciting. And I'm happy to have    have started exhibiting the bangles and pendants at Gaffa Gallery in the city this week.
On the media front I spotted a couple of my text cups in the February issue of Inside Out magazine
(kitchen/bathroom suppliment) and am looking forward to seeing more text cups in the March Country Style - two mags I'm hooked on. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of that this week and pretend I live in one of the houses for a minute or two . . .
This humidity is so oppressive I have to go and fill a litte white dish with ice cream. Goodbye!


PS One of the many beautiful things about my weekend . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment